Transcend Credit Union is committed to protecting you from debit and credit card fraud by continually improving our fraud prevention and detection measures. We continue to provide our members current information and notices to ensure our fraud prevention is working.
Due to industry provided fraud trends, Transcend CU often has blocked "signature-based" transactions in selected parts of the U.S. and abroad. These locations can change frequently so it is best to contact us if you plan to travel in the near future to see if your destination is listed. Although "blocking" may be an inconvenience to our members, it is a "best practice" in protecting our member's accounts and identities from fraudulent activities.
- Certain types of merchants have a higher risk potential for debit and credit fraud.
Should you try to process a debit card transaction as "credit" and the transaction is declined (even though you have sufficient funds), reprocess the transaction as "debit" and use your PIN.
- If you're traveling and don't know your "Personal Identification Number", aka PIN, please request one BEFORE you travel. It's a security feature to protect you and the Credit Union against Fraud Loss.
- Do not share your pin with others and keep your card in a safe place at all times.
- It is always a good idea to carry at least two forms of payment, such as your SmartCash Visa Debit Card and your Transcend Prestige Visa, so that you have multiple payment options.
- Make sure Transcend CU has good contact numbers for you in the event our Plastic Card Services team members have questions about a transaction against your card.